Apple Pie Bread
This apple pie bread has changed the way I see fall recipes! Made with fresh apple chunks, and cozy apple pie spice, this apple bread recipe is perfect for fall. It’s soft, sweet, and tastes just like apple pie!
Before You Begin
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tbsp Nutmeg
- ½ tbsp Allspice
- ¼ cup Turbinado Sugar (for topping)
- ⅓ cup Butter (Becel)
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ½ cup Brown Sugar (or coconut or cane sugar)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Applesauce
- ¼ cup Oil
- ¼ cup Almond Milk
- 2 Large Apples (chopped)*
- Preheat oven to 350, and grease a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Chop apples into tiny cubes. I left the peel on mine. Reserve a few thin apple slices for topping if you like.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, maple syrup, and brown sugar.
- Once those are fully combined, add in applesauce, oil, and vanilla.
- Add in flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Slowly pour in almond milk. Fold in chopped apples.
- Pour apple pie bread dough into loaf pan. Top with apple slices in a row down the middle. Sprinkle top of the bread with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350, or until a toothpick stabbed into middle of the bread comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.
- Slice and serve with butter or peanut butter!
*I used 3 large apples, one Cortland and two Macintosh. I chopped them with the peels on because I’m lazy and the peels add extra texture!
I tried a combination of maple syrup and brown sugar for sweetener and it was perfect! The brown sugar added a nice thickness to the batter and the maple syrup just goes so well with the apple pie spice!
I topped my loaf with thin apple slices and about 2 tbsp turbinado sugar. Turbinado sugar is just thick crystals of sugar! They make the top nice and glittery and sweet. Optional, but highly recommended.
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!