Bread Machine Bread
Thick, chewy, and fluffy white bread has never been quicker, easier, or cheaper! This vegan bread machine white bread recipe is the perfect go-to bread recipe for all your favorite vegan meals! Just put all the ingredients in a bread maker and wait, it’s that easy! This bread turns out perfectly every time and is even better topped with peanut butter!
Before You Begin
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 2 ¼ tsp Bread Machine Yeast (or one packet)
- 3 tbsp Oil (I use grapeseed)
- 2 tbsp Brown or Coconut Sugar* (I used brown)
- 3 cups White Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- To a 2 lb bread machine, add water, sugar, oil, and yeast.
- Allow yeast to sit for about 10 minutes, until it starts dissolving.
- Add in flour and salt. No need to mix it, the bread maker works wonders!
- Close breadmaker, select 'basic' or 'white bread' setting, then start.
- This bread should take 3 hours to bake. My bread machine has an auto timer on it, which turns off when finished!
- Allow bread to cool for about 5 minutes, then gently remove the loaf from the pan.
- Let the loaf cool a bit before cutting to make sure it doesn't fall apart! (I admit, I hacked into mine straight away and it was super warm and delicious, totally worth the mess).
- Eat bread within 2 days, store leftovers in freezer. I froze half of my loaf (cut into slices) once it was cooled.
- This recipe is for a 2 lb loaf of bread. If you have a smaller, 1 lb bread machine, half the recipe!
- *I’m sure you can use white sugar if you prefer, I’ve seen many recipes which call for white sugar. I just usually have organic brown sugar or coconut sugar on hand.
- **Same goes for flour. You can try subbing in different flour, such as whole wheat if you want. I haven’t tested any other variations of this recipe with different flours, so if you try any, let me know how it turns out on Instagram @chickpeaexpress!
- I had a vision of putting garlic and herbs in this… like I do with everything! It would be super easy to change the flavour of this bread from plain white to something like brown cinnamon molasses, or garlic & herb!
- My favorite thing on this homemade bread is peanut butter! Peanut butter has been my favorite combo with homemade bread since I was a kid, eating my grandmother’s bread!
- I highly recommend you try peanut butter on this fresh homemade bread for the full, decadent experience.
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!