Chocolate Banana Smoothie (AKA Chunky Monkey)
This chocolate banana smoothie (AKA chunky monkey, AKA groovy monkey if you’re Chickpea Express) turns my favorite dessert into breakfast! Seriously, if you want a milkshake for breakfast that’s secretly healthy, look no further! This chocolate banana smoothie is creamy, rich, and so decadent! It’s hard to believe it’s made with bananas and only 4 ingredients!
Before You Begin
- 4 Large Frozen Bananas
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Chocolate Banana Almond Milk (or regular plant milk)
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ cups Ice Cubes
- Blend bananas and plant milk.
- Add cocoa powder, peanut butter, and ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- This chocolate banana smoothie recipe makes roughly 4 cups. This is enough for 2 overflowing mason jars! Perfect for an Insta photoshoot!
- Try adding more ice if you want your smoothie to make more!
- We used Kirkland’s new Chocolate Banana Almond Milk in this recipe since it was the perfect flavour profile for this theme! You can get it at Costco in packs of 18 for $20. It’s brand new here in Fredericton as of August, 2019.
- We didn’t use vegan yogurt in this recipe but we do in some of our other smoothie recipes. Adding yogurt makes them turn out even more creamy and rich! Try adding 1/2 cup of vegan yogurt to this recipe for an extra decadent treat!
- Our favorite vegan yogurt for smoothies is Maison Riveria plain unsweetened coconut milk yogurt. Not all of their yogurts are vegan but they have a line of vegan coconut milk yogurts that are awesome!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!