Copycat Lenny And Larry’s Pumpkin Cookie
Copycat Lenny & Larry’s cookie, but without the protein! These vegan pumpkin cookies were inspired by the classic Lenny & Larry’s pumpkin cookies we love! They have the soft, crumbly, yet dense texture of a Lenny & Larry’s cookie, plus they’re pumpkin! A healthy-ish and simplified pumpkin cookie recipe for when you’re feeling like a sweet yet healthy treat!
Before You Begin
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup White Flour
- 4 tbsp Cashew Butter
- 2 tbsp Brown Rice Syrup
- 3 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Chips (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour and white flour.
- Add in cashew butter, brown rice syrup, and pumpkin puree.
- Mix until a thick dough is formed.
- Roll dough into 4 evenly sized balls. Place the balls of cookie dough on the parchment paper, about 3 inches apart.
- Press down the balls into a cookie shape, about 1/2 inch thick. They don't really rise so make them as thick as you'd like them to turn out.
- Top with a few chocolate chips, pressing them in gently.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, or until they look golden. They will be a bit squishy when they come out of the oven, let them cool completely before serving!
- I stored mine in a Tupperware in the fridge and they were even better the next day!
- This recipe makes roughly 4 large cookies. You can make them a bit bigger or smaller if you like. Or double the recipe to make more! These probably won’t last long!
- AlthoughLenny and Larry’s cookies are protein-based, we wanted to make a recipe that was similar in taste and texture but without the protein powder. We don’t usually have protein powder on hand, it’s a pricey ingredient and we just don’t care for it.
- We used Lundberg brown rice syrup as the sticky sweetener in this recipe, you can sub your favorite sticky sweetener, such as maple syrup or agave.
- I haven’t tried this recipe with any sweeteners other than brown rice syrup, so let me know how it turns out with different ingredients! Comment below or DM me on Instagram @chickpeaexpress!
- Chocolate chip topping is optional but highly recommended. These cookies aren’t very sweet on their own so the chocolate chips balance the flavor out very nicely.
*The link to the Lundberg brown rice syrup above is an affiliate link. If you purchase through this link we make a bit of commission at no additional cost to you!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!