I think crumpets are the pinnacle of all bread products… I know that’s a huge claim, but these things are basically spongey, cake-y & fluffy discs of happiness. The texture of these crumpets is something that no english muffin or pancake alone could ever compete with.
Before You Begin
- 1 cup Oat Milk
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 1 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 cups White Flour
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Heat milk in small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir yeast & sugar into warm milk and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour & salt.
- Add yeast mixture to flour mixture, then knead until a thick dough is formed.
- Cover with a tea towel and let rise in warm place for 1 hour.
- Dissolve baking soda in warm water, then add to the dough and mix with a hand mixer. If you don’t have a hand mixer you can use a fork but this is a much messier / painstaking process.
- Cover, and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Grease crumpet / egg rings, then put them on a greased frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour crumpet mix into rings, filling them just over halfway.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until top is covered in air bubbles.
- Briefly flip crumpet to cook top. This should only take a few seconds, approximately 15. Ensure crumpet is cooked thoroughly, if still raw on top, cook an additional 30 seconds while flipped.
- Cooking multiple crumpets simultaneously saves a lot of time and prevents the pan from getting too hot. Use up to 4 crumpet rings on a pan at a time.
- You can add in toppings like chocolate chips or peanut butter powder for a twist on this classic.
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!