DIY Mac And Cheese Powder
This mac and cheese powder recipe has changed the way I see vegan mac and cheese! All you need is nooch, a ton of spices, and some flour to make the best and easiest vegan mac and cheese ever!
Before You Begin
Mac & Cheese Powder
- ½ cup Nooch
- ½ cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Parsley Flakes
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 ½ cups Almond Milk
- 2 cups Macaroni Noodles (dry)
- ½ cup DIY Mac & Cheese Powder
Mac & Cheese Powder
- Mix all ingredients in a mason jar or airtight container.
- Prepare macaroni according to package I like to boil them for 5 minutes so they’re nice and firm, since they cook more as you mix them with the sauce.
- Drain pasta and transfer into large bowl.
- In the pot you cooked the macaroni in, whisk ½ cup mac & cheese powder into almond milk over medium / high heat.
- Whisk for 2-3 minutes, or until sauce starts to bubble and thicken.
- Mix macaroni into sauce and heat while stirring until well combined.
You can tweak the spice ratios according to your mac and cheese flavour preference.
- If you like it more cheesy, add more nooch (3/4 cup).
- If you like it less pungent, try less onion and garlic powder (reduce to 2 tsp each).
- If you like it sweeter, add more sugar (1.5 tbsp).
- Use more turmeric for extra orangey colour (1 tsp).
- Add in a mix of Italian herbs for a classier look (oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary).
- Mix in Frank’s Buffalo seasoning for a kick of heat (or mix in hot sauce when preparing).
See our food thoughts on this recipe here.
- This mac and cheese is amazing the next day. Store leftovers in an airtight container or mason jar in the fridge, use within 24 hours.
- Bake it the next day with cheese shreds and breadcrumbs in a casserole dish.
- Use it as a pizza or garlic bread topping.
- Add into a grilled cheese sandwich, burrito, quesadilla, or burger.
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!