Before You Begin
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp Yeast (one packet)
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Scottage Cheeze Parmesan
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 Garlic Clove Chopped
- 1 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Pizza Dough
- 2 tbsp Garlic Butter
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella Shreds
- 1/4 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Diced Onion
- 1/4 cup Donair Spiced Seitan
- 1/4 Donair Sauce
- In a large mixing bowl combine warm water, oil, sugar, and yeast. Let sit for 15 minutes while yeast activates.
- Add flour, salt, garlic powder, parsley flakes, oregano, and parmesan.
- Mix in a stand mixer on medium speed (or by hand) for 10 minutes.
- Once the dough has formed into a smooth ball, grease the mixing bowl with oil and cover the dough inside the bowl.
- Allow the dough to rise in a warm place for one hour. I like to preheat the oven on low, turn it off to let most of the heat escape, then rest it in there.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down, knead it into a ball again. Cut into four equally sized balls of dough.
- Peel and chop the garlic clove.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Mix in chopped garlic, parsley, and salt.
- Preheat oven to 420, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Press one of the dough balls into a 1/2" thick, round pizza crust.
- Top with garlic butter, edge to edge.
- Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, onions, and donair seitan.
- Lightly drizzle half the donair sauce near the middle of the pizza.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Broil on high for 3 minutes to melt the cheese and toppings.
- Serve topped with more donair sauce.
- The pizza dough recipe makes 4 individual-sized pizzas or two medium pizzas. I used 1/4 of the recipe to make one donair pizza.
- I love Scottage Cheeze Parmesan in this recipe, feel free to use your favorite vegan parm.
- I also used Scottage Cheeze Mozzarella shreds.
- The donair spiced seitan and donair sauce I used are from VegOut Fredericton.
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!