My vegan take on a maritime classic, the donair! I brought together garlic fingers and donair to create a copycat Pizza Delight Big Crave, aka donair pizza!
Before You Begin
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp Yeast (one packet)
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Scottage Cheeze Parmesan
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 Garlic Clove Chopped
- 1 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Pizza Dough
- 2 tbsp Garlic Butter
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella Shreds
- 1/4 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Diced Onion
- 1/4 cup Donair Spiced Seitan
- 1/4 Donair Sauce
- In a large mixing bowl combine warm water, oil, sugar, and yeast. Let sit for 15 minutes while yeast activates.
- Add flour, salt, garlic powder, parsley flakes, oregano, and parmesan.
- Mix in a stand mixer on medium speed (or by hand) for 10 minutes.
- Once the dough has formed into a smooth ball, grease the mixing bowl with oil and cover the dough inside the bowl.
- Allow the dough to rise in a warm place for one hour. I like to preheat the oven on low, turn it off to let most of the heat escape, then rest it in there.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down, knead it into a ball again. Cut into four equally sized balls of dough.
- Peel and chop the garlic clove.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Mix in chopped garlic, parsley, and salt.
- Preheat oven to 420, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Press one of the dough balls into a 1/2" thick, round pizza crust.
- Top with garlic butter, edge to edge.
- Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, onions, and donair seitan.
- Lightly drizzle half the donair sauce near the middle of the pizza.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Broil on high for 3 minutes to melt the cheese and toppings.
- Serve topped with more donair sauce.
- The pizza dough recipe makes 4 individual-sized pizzas or two medium pizzas. I used 1/4 of the recipe to make one donair pizza.
- I love Scottage Cheeze Parmesan in this recipe, feel free to use your favorite vegan parm.
- I also used Scottage Cheeze Mozzarella shreds.
- The donair spiced seitan and donair sauce I used are from VegOut Fredericton.
Have you tried our recipe?
Tag us on Instagram @ChickpeaExpress and use the hashtag #ChickpeaExpress to share your creations with our followers!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!