Easy Baked Potatoes
Baked potatoes are the easiest way to enjoy the goodness of a potato. Baked potatoes are easy, but if you know the right technique they can also be perfect every time! No more dry, hard baked potatoes! These jacket potatoes are creamy, soft, flavourful and tender!
Before You Begin
- 2 Large Russet Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Vegan Butter (Becel)
- 2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Parsley Flakes
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Wash / scrub the potatoes.
- Poke potatoes with a fork (a few times on each side) so they don't explode.
- Wrap the potatoes in tin foil.
- Place directly on oven rack and bake for 1 hour at 450.Take the potatoes out of the oven and open the tin foil. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Make a vertical cut, approx. third of the way through the potatoes. Be careful not to cut it too deep, or it will break apart.
- Make another cut horizontally.
- Squish the potato from the sides to mush the potato a bit and to expose the mash inside.
- Spread butter inside the potato, lightly mashing it with a fork.
- Sprinkle on seasonings. Paprika & parsley should be on top (put on last).
- Put the potatoes (unwrapped) back in the oven for about 15 minutes or until outside is nice and crispy.
- Serve with hummus or top with veggies / cheese / whatever your heart desires.
- Salt, pepper, garlic, onion, paprika and parsley are my go to seasonings for potatoes. Feel free to add or remove spices based on your preference!
- These baked potatoes can easily be made into smashed potatoes. Instead of cutting the potato open, smash it down with the bottom of a glass.
- You don’t have to put the potatoes back in the oven after adding the seasonings, but the texture is much better if you do!
- I’ve cooked these potatoes for up to an hour and a half wrapped in tin foil and still had perfect baked potatoes! If the baked potatoes aren’t soft enough for your liking, don’t hesitate to just stick them back in the oven.
- For a fancier and more flavourful potato recipe, see our Ketchup Roasted Potatoes recipe. They make the perfect side to any vegan breakfast!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!