Easy Banana Bread Brownies
Overripe bananas have never tasted so good! These banana bread brownies are the perfect way to use up your leftover bananas. Just add cocoa for the best healthy brownies ever!
Before You Begin
- 4 Overripe Bananas (Mashed)
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- ½ tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¾ cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Crushed Walnuts (for topping, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350, grease a 9x9 glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas.
- Mix in maple syrup, peanut butter, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add in flour, salt, baking powder, cocoa powder and gently fold together with a spatula. Fold in chocolate chips once the batter is mostly combined.
- Pour the banana bread brownie batter into the baking dish. Top with walnuts.
- Bake for 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out mostly clean.
- These banana bread brownies are super easy and are the perfect, most decadent way to enjoy overripe bananas!
- I baked my brownies for about an hour and 10 minutes and they were still pretty soft and fudgy. I used 4 large bananas in my recipe, and I find that added to the cook time. If you're using fewer bananas, your brownies will likely cook faster! Or if you want a more dry, crumbly brownie, bake for longer.
- Chocolate chips and walnuts are optional toppings, but I highly recommend them for the full brownie experience.
- You could just as easily bake these into muffins. Reduce cook time for muffins!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!