Easy Tofu Ricotta Cheese
Vegan ricotta cheese has never been easier! Made with tofu, cashews and spices, this ricotta cheese recipe is as easy as combining all ingredients in a food processor and blending! Adding tofu to this recipe takes cashew cheese to a whole new level. Use this tofu ricotta cheese recipe on pizzas, lasagnas, stuffed shells and more.
Before You Begin
- 1 cup Soaked Cashews
- 1 Block Extra Firm Tofu (I used fine herbs flavoured tofu)
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- ½ tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Soak cashews for at least 4 hours - overnight. You can also boil them for 10 minutes to soften them up.
- Press tofu with a cutting board, or other hard flat surface.
- Cut tofu up into small pieces so it's easier to process.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor (or high powered blender) and process for about 10 minutes. You will have to scrape down the sides and mix every few minutes, until smooth.
- Store in an airtight jar and use on pizzas, lasagnas, stuffed shells and more.
- I used a fine herbs flavored tofu since I knew I wanted to use this ricotta cheese for pizza! You can use regular tofu if you prefer.
- I didn’t press my tofu very much and it turned out wonderfully! I think having some moisture in the tofu helps the final texture of the ricotta cheese. Just press gently wrapped in a paper towel to get the access moisture off.
- I’ve heard that boiling the cashews has the same softening effect as soaking them overnight. I’ve never tried this method for this recipe, but to save time you could try out boiling instead of soaking the cashews! If you do, let me know on Instagram @chickpeaexpress. I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe!
- You can also customize the spices based on the recipes you plan on making with this ricotta! I used italian herbs, but you could also go with more garlic, cajun spice, paprika, french fry seasoning, dill, or literally any flavor you can think of!
- I think this recipe would also work pretty well as a dessert filling! Minus the garlic, lemon, nutritional yeast and italian seasoning of course! Make this into a dessert cream cheese by adding cinnamon and a pinch of sweetener instead of the savory ingredients.
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!