Easy Tomato Sauce
This homemade easy tomato sauce recipe is super flavourful and versatile! Use it for a simple tomato pasta, as a pizza sauce, or in curry! It’s super easy, way more delicious and cheaper than store-bought tomato sauce!
Before You Begin
- 1 ½ tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Diced Onion
- 1 ½ tbsp Basil
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes
- Dice onions into tiny, evenly sized chunks.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add onions. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Add in minced garlic, simmer for 3 minutes or until garlic is browned.
- Mix in sugar, basil, oregano, and chili flakes. Stir well.
- Mix in the can of crushed tomatoes, mix, then reduce heat. Cover pit and let simmer for about 30 minutes. I find the longer it sits, the better it tastes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days or freeze leftovers for a month.
- Feel free to use more chili flakes if you like a spicier tomato sauce! Tweak the seasonings to suit your taste by testing it along the way!
- I find this tomato sauce tastes better and more flavorful the next day. It has a chance for the flavors to really mingle! Store in the fridge for about 4 days or freeze leftovers.
Have you tried our recipe?
Tag us on Instagram @ChickpeaExpress and use the hashtag #ChickpeaExpress to share your creations with our followers!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!