Easy Tomato Sauce
This homemade easy tomato sauce recipe is super flavourful and versatile! Use it for a simple tomato pasta, as a pizza sauce, or in curry! It’s super easy, way more delicious and cheaper than store-bought tomato sauce!
Before You Begin
- 1 ½ tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Diced Onion
- 1 ½ tbsp Basil
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes
- Dice onions into tiny, evenly sized chunks.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add onions. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Add in minced garlic, simmer for 3 minutes or until garlic is browned.
- Mix in sugar, basil, oregano, and chili flakes. Stir well.
- Mix in the can of crushed tomatoes, mix, then reduce heat. Cover pit and let simmer for about 30 minutes. I find the longer it sits, the better it tastes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days or freeze leftovers for a month.
- Feel free to use more chili flakes if you like a spicier tomato sauce! Tweak the seasonings to suit your taste by testing it along the way!
- I find this tomato sauce tastes better and more flavorful the next day. It has a chance for the flavors to really mingle! Store in the fridge for about 4 days or freeze leftovers.
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!