Garlic fingers are a maritime classic, they’re just as essential to pizza night as the pizza itself. Personally, I prefer vegan garlic fingers to pizza any day! Especially dipped in sweet and tangy donair sauce!
Before You Begin
Garlic Herb Pizza Crust
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp Oilgrapeseed
- 2 ¼ tsp Yeastor one packet
- 2 ½ cups Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tbsp Parsley Flakes
- ½ Garlic Herb Pizza Crust
- 2 tbsp Garlic Butter
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Mozzarella Shreds
- 1 tbsp Vegan Parmoptional
- 1 tbsp Simulated Bacon Bits
Garlic Herb Pizza Crust
- In a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, combine warm water, sugar, oil, and yeast. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, garlic powder, parsley flakes, and oregano to the mixer. Mix with dough hook on speed 3 until dough forms into a ball.
- Once the dough is combined, let knead for 5 minutes.
- Coat dough and inside of mixer with a bit of oil, cover, and let rise for 45 minutes in a warm place. I like to preheat the oven on low, turn it off, then place the bowl on the bottom wrack with the door slightly open.
- Once the dough has risen, and roughly doubled in size, knead it, shape back into a ball, then cut in half or quarters. One dough ball is enough for 4 individual-sized garlic fingers or pizzas.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter until it forms a soft, spreadable paste.
- Mix in garlic powder and parsley flakes.
- Preheat the oven to 425, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Press the dough into a small circle about 1/2 in thick on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread the garlic butter over the crust, edge to edge.
- Top with vegan cheese, simulated bacon bits, and vegan parm.
- Bake at 425 for 18 minutes. Broil for 3 minutes to get the crust golden brown.
- Cut into slices, serve with marinara sauce to dip.
- I used Follow Your Heart Mozzarella Shreds in this recipe, feel free to swap for your favorite vegan cheese!
- I also used Follow Your Heart Parm on top, it looks cute, and tastes just like parm!
- I used Becel Vegan Spread to make the garlic butter.
Have you tried our recipe?
Tag us on Instagram @ChickpeaExpress and use the hashtag #ChickpeaExpress to share your creations with our followers!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!
I was just on it doesn’t taste like chicken’s website looking at her garlic bread recipe and i saw your post about these garlic fingers. I had to look at it immediately!! You now have another subscriber! I can not wait to make these and to check out your other recipes!
Yay! Thank you so much for your support Shannon! Hope you enjoy the garlic fingers as much as I do! They are definitely my favorite recipe 🙂