Healthy-Ish Banana Split Muffins
Inspired by Tim Horton’s new banana split muffin, this healthy-ish banana split muffin recipe takes banana bread to the next level! We used our original banana chocolate chip muffin recipe and jazzed it up a bit, like a banana split. Complete with sprinkles and a cherry on top.
Before You Begin
- 4 Large Overripe Bananas
- ⅓ cup Peanut Butter
- ⅓ cup Almond Milk
- 1 Eggcitables Egg (or any egg replacer)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Chopped Maraschino Cherries (plus 12 whole cherries for topping)
- 1 ¼ cups Flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- ½ tbsp Cinnamon
- ½ tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Crushed Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a muffin tin.
- Prepare Eggcitables egg by combining 1 tbsp of powder with 1 tbsp of water.*
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and cocoa powder. Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash bananas.
- Add sugar, peanut butter, almond milk and Eggictables egg to bananas.
- Gently fold in cherries to banana mixture.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Try not to overmix.
- Divide batter evenly among the 12 tins. Top with a whole cherry and vegan sprinkles. I also topped some with more walnuts. Choose whatever toppings remind you most of a banana split!
- *If you’re using another egg replacer, such as flaxseed, use equivalent of one egg.
- You can add in or top these muffins with any add ins you like! Try pecans, peanuts, strawberries, or coconut flakes!
- This recipe was adapted from my original banana chocolate chip muffin recipe, found here.
- We use Wilton Chocolate Jimmies and Wilton Rainbow Jimmies in our cupcakes. I’ve seen on the internet that they are confirmed vegan by the company. Not all Wilton sprinkles are vegan so be sure to read the ingredients label before purchasing!
- We use Made Good Chocolate Chunks in these muffins – and most of our recipes! They taste just like milk chocolate and melt SO well!
*The link to the Made Good Chocolate Chunks on Amazon is an affiliate link! If you purchase through this link, we make a bit of commission at no additional cost to you. This allows us to continue giving you guys an ad-free vegan recipe experience!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!