Maple Glazed Carrots
Maple glazed carrots are tender, sweet, and the perfect side dish to any Thanksgiving dinner! Made with Canadian maple syrup, these maple carrots are perfect for fall and pair so well with peas, stuffing, and mashed potatoes.
Before You Begin
- 4 Large Carrots
- 1 tsp Vegan Butter
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Rosemary*
- 2 tsp Thyme
- Bring a pot of water with a steamer basket to a boil.**
- Peel carrots and chop them into small bite-sized coins.***
- Steam carrots for about 12 minutes, or until they are tender. Try not to overcook them or they'll be too soft to fry!
- Heat a frying pan with butter over medium heat.
- Add steamed carrots to the pan. Stir in maple syrup, rosemary, and thyme.
- Fry carrots for about 10 minutes, or until they're golden and crispy.
- Serve with warm brown gravy, stuffing, and mashed potatoes!
- *I seasoned the carrots with rosemary and thyme because I feel like they go well with stuffing and other Thanksgiving flavors! The carrots are still super sweet, the seasonings don’t clash. However, feel free to season them with whatever spices you prefer! I would recommend salt if nothing else, or even summer savory.
- **I love using a steamer basket to steam my carrots before frying them, it’s the easiest way! Plus the carrots don’t lose their flavor like they do when boiled directly in water.
- If you don’t have a steamer basket you can boil them or steam them in the microwave. To steam in the microwave, place carrots in a bowl with a small amount of water.
- ***I chopped my carrots into small bite-sized coins. You could also do large chunks, but they will take longer to cook!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!