Morning Glory Muffins 2.0
My original morning glory muffin recipe was great and all, but the more I made it, the more I tweaked the ingredients and now it’s healthier, cakier and better than ever! The key to this recipe was to up the spices, mix ins, and switch from oil to applesauce for a healthier, oil free version! This is my favorite way to make morning glory muffins yet!
Before You Begin
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Ginger Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 Eggcitables eggs (or flax eggs)
- 1 cup Apple Sauce
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Soaked Raisins
- 1 cup Chopped Dates
- ½ cup Walnut Pieces
- 2 cups Grated Carrots (4 medium carrots)
- 2 Cored and Grated Apples (I like Gala or Mac)
- ½ cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease regular sized muffin tin.
- Soak raisins in bowl with hot water.
- Peel and finely grate carrots with a food processor (or grate by hand).
- Core the apples and grate them a food processor (or by hand).
- In a large bowl, mix grated carrots and apples with raisins, dates, walnuts, and coconut shreds.
- Combine flour, baking soda, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Combine carrot and apple mixture with flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, prepare Eggcitables eggs. Mix 3 tbsp powder with 3 tbsp water.
- To the Eggcitables, add vanilla extract, applesauce, and orange juice.
- Combine Eggcitables mixture with rest of batter.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffins, bake at 375 for 26 minutes (or until toothpick comes out mostly clean).
- Using applesauce instead of oil in this recipe makes the muffins so moist and dense, almost like a cake. You can use 1/3 cup of oil and cut the applesauce down to 3/4 cup for a lighter, more airy version!
- You can use any egg replacer in this recipe, I prefer Eggcitables since they rise so well! Flax egg would be my second choice for baking!
- If you like your muffins squishier, try reducing cook time to 22 minutes.
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!