Morning Glory Muffins
What’s the story, morning glory? All the glory of a morning sunrise packed into a cute little orange muffin. Filled with carrots, walnuts, juicy raisins and warm spices, these vegan morning glory muffins will become the hearty highlight of your breakfast ritual.
Before You Begin
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 Eggcitables! Eggs
- ⅔ cup Grapeseed Oil
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Soaked Raisins
- 2 cups Grated Carrots
- 1 Cored and Grated Apple
- ½ cup Chopped Walnuts
- ½ cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, soak raisins in hot water while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt and baking soda.
- Mix in carrots*, apple, coconut, and walnuts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the Eggcitables! eggs**, oil, vanilla and orange juice and add to the flour / carrot mixture.
- Drain and mix in raisins.
- Divide batter evenly amongst the 12 cups. They will be full to the top, but that’s okay they don’t rise THAT much.
- Bake for 25 - 28 minutes, or until the tops are rounded and brown.***
- *I used a food processor to finely grate the peeled carrots and apple, this saves so much time and pain!!
- **To prepare one Eggcitables! Eggs, combine 1 tbsp of the powder mix with 1 tbsp water.
- ***Stick a toothpick – or raw spaghetti – into the center of a muffin. When the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are cooked!
- You can sub the oil for plain unsweetened applesauce. I find applesauce makes the muffins more dense and chewy compared to oil.
- Before baking, top muffins with sunflower seeds, oats, or any other nuts for extra texture!
- Try adding in date chunks, chocolate chips, or other decadent treats for a dessert-y twist on this healthy breakfast!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!