Muffin Tin Pizza Rolls
Turn your leftover pizza dough into these cute little pizza roses that taste exactly like bakery style pizza buns, using only a muffin tin! This pizza roll recipe makes the most of your pizza ingredients, and turns pizza into a snack, breakfast, or appetizer! Use your favorite pizza toppings and dip to take this recipe to the next level!
Before You Begin
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 2 ¼ tsp Yeast (One Packet)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 ½ cups Flour*
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- ½ Ball of Pizza Dough
- ¾ cup Pizza Sauce
- ½ cup Vegan Cheese**
- Combine water, sugar, oil and yeast in a large bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Mix in flour, salt, garlic, parsley, and oregano. Mix until a ball forms.
- Knead dough by hand (or kitchenaid) for about 5 minutes.
- Coat dough ball with oil and lightly grease the bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place*** for 2 hours (or longer if you can).
- Take dough out of oven, punch down, and knead into a ball. Divide ball in half (each half makes 12 pizza rolls).
- You can keep unused dough in the fridge for one day, or store in freezer for a month.
- Grease muffin tin and preheat oven to 425.
- Press dough into a long, thin rectangle about 15" long and 8" wide (feel free to tweak the size).
- Spread pizza sauce on dough, edge to edge is fine (more sauce is better).
- Top with cheese.
- Roll pizza dough into long tube and stick a few toothpicks through it to help it stay in place as you cut it.
- Cut the pizza roll into 12 slices, approx. 1 inch thick each.
- Put one slice of pizza dough into each muffin tin. Top with more spices and cheese if desired.
- Bake at 425 for 25 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days (but I promise you, they won't last that long).
- You might need to add a bit more flour (1/4 cup) if the dough is too sticky.
- **We use Follow Your Heart Pizza Shreds because we find they melt the best and taste the most pizza esque.
- ***I like to preheat the oven on the lowest temperature, then let some of the heat escape so it’s not too hot, and place the dough in the oven to rise.
- The garlic & herbs in the pizza dough is optional, but I highly recommend using it! It gives the dough a pizza-y flavour!
- Feel free to add your favorite pizza toppings inside the rolls or on top!
- Our original pizza dough recipe can be found here.
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!