One Bowl Vegan Cornbread
The easiest, thickest, and most cakey vegan cornbread ever! Made in one bowl, this oil free vegan cornbread recipe makes the perfect pair with a warm bowl of chili or soup on a crispy fall day!
Before You Begin
- 1 ¼ cups Flour
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ⅓ cup Applesauce*
- 1 ⅓ cups Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 9x9 casserole dish, or cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Mix in applesauce and almond milk.
- Pour cornbread batter into the casserole dish, bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes, cut into 9 squares and serve with Thanksgiving dinner, chili, soup, or on its own with butter!
- *You can sub applesauce for oil if you want a more decadent cornbread! I use applesauce to make it lower in fat (I have gall bladder issues, so I need to be mindful of fat content).
- This is just a base flavor for cornbread! This would be awesome with something added in for flavor, like jalapeno and cheddar, or even something sweet like blueberries!
- You can also add real corn niblets to this recipe to make it fancier!
- I also feel like vegan chili would go well with it! If you have any good recipes that you think go well with cornbread, comment below, or message me on Instagram @Chickpeaexpress
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!