One Pot Vegan Pumpkin Mac And Cheese
Warm, cozy, vegan pumpkin mac and cheese is the perfect way to get your pumpkin fix. This vegan pumpkin pasta recipe is sweet, savory, extra thick and creamy, and so classy! The hint of cinnamon makes this dish perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Before You Begin
- 2 cups Shell Pasta
- 3 cups Water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Mustard Powder
- ¾ cup Pumpkin Puree
- ⅔ cup Nooch
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- ¾ cup Follow Your Heart Cheddar Shreds
- 1 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ⅓ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Flavor God Cheese Seasoning*
- 2 tsp Pepper
- In a large pot, combine shells, water, salt, half of the garlic powder, half of the onion powder, and mustard powder. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently so the pasta doesn't stick.
- Boil the pasta for about 20 minutes, or until the shells are tender, and most of the water has been absorbed.
- Most of the water should be absorbed, don't drain the pasta, the leftover water serves as the base of the sauce.**
- Once pasta is cooked, add pumpkin puree, Nooch, tahini, parsley, paprika, cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper, and Flavorgod cheese seasoning to the pot. Mix over low heat until smooth.
- Mix in Follow Your Heart cheese shreds. Stir until everything is well combined, melty, and thick. Simmer over low heat if the sauce is too runny. It should be very thick and creamy!
- *FlavorGod cheese seasoning is optional, I know it’s not a super common spice to have on hand. I do recommend it as it adds a sharp cheesy kick to the dish. It’s salty and sharp which compliments the sweet sauce so well! Try adding extra Nooch and salt to compensate if you want!
- **If you use the recommended pasta to water ratio (2:3) you shouldn’t have to drain the pasta. There should be a small amount of water left in the pot by the time your pasta has cooked. This is used as the base of the pumpkin sauce!
- If you want a thinner sauce, or you feel like there’s too much liquid left, you can strain a bit of the water out.
- All of the spices in the recipe can be tweaked to your taste! I taste-tested as I mixed it and added a bit more of each of the seasonings. Feel free to add a few extra spices for a more flavourful, pungent pumpkin mac and cheese!
Have you tried our recipe?
Tag us on Instagram @ChickpeaExpress and use the hashtag #ChickpeaExpress to share your creations with our followers!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!