I’ve been using this super simple pizza dough recipe for years and it has yet to fail me! It only takes about 15 minutes of prep time, and a bit of patience while it rises for 2 hours. If you can wait for 2 hours, you will be rewarded with the fluffiest, lightest, and most airy pizza crust ever! Even better, you can add just about any seasonings to the dough to customize the flavour!
Before You Begin
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 2 ¼ tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- 2 ½ cups White Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a large mixing bowl stir yeast, oil, and sugar into warm water, let sit 15 minutes.
- Mix in flour and salt, mix until ball of dough forms. Knead for 5 minutes and form a ball.
- Lightly grease the mixing bowl with oil, and gently coat dough ball in residual oil from the bowl.
- Cover with a tea towel and let rise in a warm place for 2 hours. (I preheat the oven to 200F, then turn it off and open the oven door to let some heat escape, then place the bowl on the middle rack once it’s cooled down enough for your bowl).
- Take dough out, punch it down, then knead into ball. Cook immediately or freeze for up to two months, wrapped in plastic wrap / in Ziploc.
- This can be cut in half to make 2 medium (12”) pizzas or used all at once for an extra large pizza!
- I cook the dough at 420F for roughly 25 minutes. Cook time depends on how thick your dough is. For a thinner crust, cook for about 5 minutes less.
- Mix in herbs and spices for an extra flavourful crust! My favorite combo is garlic powder, parsley, oregano, basil, and thyme!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!