Plum & Garlic Cauliflower Bites
Inspired by American chinese takeout, this plum & garlic cauliflower bites recipe is perfect paired with rice and veggies! It’s crispy, crunchy, and super flavourful. Especially after being tossed in plum sauce!
Before You Begin
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- ¼ cup Almond Milk
- ⅓ cup Flour
- ¾ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Paprika
- ¼ cup Plum Sauce*
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Chop head of cauliflower into small, bite sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, parsley flakes, paprika, red pepper flakes, and panko bread crumbs.
- Pour cauliflower florets into a large bowl. Toss with almond milk.
- Slowly add in flour / bread crumb mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread cauliflower in a thin even layer over a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350. Flip cauliflower halfway through cooking.
- Cauliflower is cooked when you can easily poke it with a fork. It should be very tender!
- Transfer cooked cauliflower back to the large bowl.
- Slowly pour the plum sauce over the cauliflower, tossing to coat evenly.
- Serve over fried rice or with veggies!
- *I used a store bought Plum sauce from Sobeys. You can use your favorite plum or sweet and sour sauce in this recipe! VH makes awesome sauces for this kind of recipe, and a lot of them are accidentally vegan.
- You can also cook the cauliflower bites for an additional 5 minutes after they’ve been tossed in sauce for a less sticky cauliflower bite.
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!