Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Pumpkin chocolate chip bread is the best way to get your pumpkin fill! It’s chewy, decadent, and makes the perfect breakfast paired with a pumpkin coffee! This pumpkin bread recipe is super easy, and is sure to satisfy all your Starbucks pumpkin bread cravings… in a much healthier way!
Before You Begin
- 2 cups Flour
- ¼ cup White Sugar (Redpath is vegan)
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 ½ tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ cup Turbinado Sugar (for topping, optional)
- 2 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Eggcitables Egg
- ½ cup Applesauce
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Dates (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan. Place a strip of parchment paper in the pan hanging over the edges to make the loaf easier to remove.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, white sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl prepare Eggcitables egg by whisking together 1 tbsp Eggcitables powder with 1 tbsp of water.
- In another bowl, combine pumpkin puree, apple sauce, Eggcitables egg, and vanilla.
- Combine the wet pumpkin mixture with the dry flour mixture. It is thick and slightly hard to mix but don't worry, it comes together eventually.
- Add in chocolate chips and date chunks, mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and spread it out evenly. Top with chocolate chips, pressing them in. Sprinkle top with turbinado sugar for best result (AKA a glittery loaf).
- I used Eggcitables as the egg sub in this recipe. I find it holds the recipe together really well and rises reliably! You can try using flax egg or your favorite egg sub if you like!
- The dough is really thick and hard to mix, this is totally normal. You don’t need to add more liquid!
- The turbinado sugar topping is just large brown sugar chunks we get at bulk barn. They are optional, but I recommend them, the top comes out sparkly and glittery!
- My favorite toppings in this pumpkin bread is chocolate chips and date chunks. The bread isn’t overly sweet on its own so it’s a nice addition! The date chunks are optional but highly recommended! They get super soft and sugary, like a date paste!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!