Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy, chocolatey, festive pumpkin cookies are the perfect way to celebrate fall! Pumpkin chocolate cookies have always been one of my favorites and this vegan version totally hits the spot! Try this pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe the next time you’re craving a sweet pumpkin treat or need to use up your leftover pumpkin puree from other pumpkin recipes.
Before You Begin
- 1 ½ cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Eggcitables Egg
- ⅓ cup Applesauce
- ½ tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Plant Milk
- 1 cup Flour
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350, and line a pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, prepare Eggcitables egg by mixing 1 tbsp of Eggcitables powder with 1 tbsp of water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, sugar, apple sauce, vanilla extract, and Eggcitables egg.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder.
- Dissolve baking soda in the plant milk and combine with wet ingredients (pumpkin puree / apple sauce).
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, add in chocolate chips and stir until well mixed.
- Dollop the cookie dough onto the parchment paper about 1 inch apart. I used a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon to do this. This recipe makes about 20 mini cookies or 10 large cookies.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then transfer to a tupperware.
- I used Eggcitables as an egg replacer in this recipe because it’s my favorite and I find it’s the most reliable sub! Sometimes flax doesn’t hold things together well enough. You can use your favorite egg sub but I highly recommend Eggcitables!
- I used applesauce as a sub for oil. I like using applesauce instead of oil where I can because it just makes them that much more nutritious, but for a more decadent version, try oil instead of applesauce.
- CAUTION: This batter is extremely sticky and thick!!! It literally sticks to everything. I recommend greasing a spoon with cooking spray to scoop the dough onto the pan!
- Chocolate chips are probably the number one combo with pumpkin, but you can add other toppings like date chunks (a personal fav), raisins, or walnuts.
- If you’re looking to use up some of your leftover pumpkin puree from this recipe, try our Pumpkin Pie Smoothie recipe for a refreshing and festive treat!
- These cookies also pair really well with our Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!