Spicy Peanut Sauce
This spicy peanut sauce is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy! Perfect for stir fry, pad thai, or as a dip, this spicy peanut satay takes any dish to the next level. Use in our favorite spicy peanut chickpeas recipe!
Before You Begin
- ⅓ cup Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 1 ½ tsp Ginger Powder (or fresh, minced ginger)
- 2 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 ½ tbsp Sugar (or maple syrup)
- 6 tbsp Water
- In a small mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger powder, garlic, chili flakes, and lime juice.
- Mix in water one tbsp at a time until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Transfer sauce to an airtight container in the fridge and let sit for at least 10 minutes - the flavors combine so well if you let it sit! Refrigerate leftovers for up to 10 days.
- Add more or fewer chili flakes to reach your desired spicy level. I found 2 tsp was plenty spicy!
- You can sub lime juice for lemon juice or even apple cider vinegar.
- The longer you let the sauce sit after being mixed, the better the flavor becomes. Make sure to let the sauce sit before tweaking the ingredients too much, I find it becomes sweeter after resting.
- This peanut sauce is perfect in our Spicy Peanut Chickpeas recipe!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!