Spinach And Artichoke Rolls
Spinach and artichoke dip just got an upgrade! Add some easy homemade pizza dough to the classic, cheesy dip, and you have spinach and artichoke rolls featuring Legrand vegan cream cheese! This vegan spinach and artichoke recipe is perfect paired with marinara sauce for dipping… or even more Legrand cream cheese!
Before You Begin
Seasoned Pizza Dough
- 2 ½ cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 2 tsp Yeast (one packet)
- 1 tsp Brown or Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tbsp FlavorGod Pizza Seasoning
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Thyme
Spinach and Artichoke Rolls
- 1 Ball Seasoned Pizza Dough
- ¼ cup LeGrand Vegan Chive and Onion Cream Cheese*
- 2 cups Spinach
- 4 Artichoke Hearts (chopped)
- 2 tsp Oil
- ¼ cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp Parsley Flakes (for topping)
- ¼ cup Marinara Sauce (or pizza sauce, to dip)**
Seasoned Pizza Dough
- In a large mixing bowl, combine warm water, yeast, oil, and sugar. Let sit for about 10 minutes so the yeast can activate.
- Mix in flour, salt, and all seasonings. Mix until a ball forms.
- Knead pizza dough for 5 - 10 minutes. Form into a ball, then place in a greased mixing bowl, coated in oil.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 - 2 hours. I usually put mine in the oven to rise! Preheat the oven on a low temp, open the oven door to let some heat escape, then place the covered dough in to let it rise.
- Once the dough has risen, and doubled in size, punch it down, and knead it back into a ball.
Spinach and Artichoke Rolls
- Grease a small pan (cake pan works best), and preheat oven to 420.
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat with oil.
- Saute onion and garlic for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the garlic and onion is cooking, chop artichoke hearts into small pieces.
- Add spinach to the onion and garlic. Saute until the spinach is tiny.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach / onion / garlic mixture with chopped artichoke hearts, and LeGrand Cream Cheese.
- Spread the pizza dough out into a rectangle, about the size of a sheet of paper. The dough rises quite a bit, so make sure its pressed pretty thin. 1/4 inch is fine.
- Spread the spinach and artichoke mixture evenly over the pizza dough, working it edge to edge.
- Roll the pizza dough into a long cylinder. Poke a few toothpicks through where the dough meets to hold it in place while you cut it.
- Cut 1 inch thick rolls off the pizza cylinder and place them in the cake pan. Line them up around the edges first, then fill the center with 2 - 4 more rolls! They should be pretty close together, it's better if they're touching!
- I sprayed the tops of my spinach and artichoke rolls with oil so they would brown, this is optional but recommended. Sprinkle tops with parsley if desired. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then serve warm with marinara sauce to dip!
- We used LeGrand Vegan Chive and Onion Cream Cheese in this recipe! I find this cream cheese is somewhat similar to hummus, since it’s made with chickpeas, so it’s super creamy and substantial! This cream cheese has a subtle cheese flavour, and isn’t overpowering or offensive, which makes it perfect for this recipe!
- You don’t have to use seasoned dough for this recipe, but I do recommend it since the inside filling isn’t SUPER flavourful. It’s nice for the entire roll to be flavourful, even without the filling!
- For reference, I use about 2 – 3 tbsp of seasoning in total for my pizza dough. I listed what I normally use, but feel free to change it up and use the seasonings you like! Make sure to use at least 2 tbsp of seasoning to ensure the flavour actually comes through!
- If you want a plain pizza dough instead, you can find my original pizza dough recipe here.
- For the easiest pizza dough ever, see my bread machine pizza dough recipe! As long as you have a bread machine, you can make pizza dough in 2 minutes with pretty much no mess!
Have you tried our recipe?
Tag us on Instagram @ChickpeaExpress and use the hashtag #ChickpeaExpress to share your creations with our followers!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!
Can these be made ahead and cooked the day of your party? And how many days ahead would you recommend
Hi Valerie, you can definitely make these ahead of time, but I wouldn’t recommend making them more than one day in advance! I sometimes leave my pizza dough overnight in the fridge, but if left too long before cooking it might not rise properly. I have a feeling they would be even more delicious if made a day ahead since the flavors would have time to sit! Let me know how they turn out! Thanks for commenting 🙂
This sounds delicious! Where do you get Flavorgod pizza seasoning?
Hi Lisa, thank you so much! We get the Flavorgod seasoning at Supplement King in Fredericton. Flavorgod also sells all their seasonings online! Here’s the link to their website: https://flavorgod.com/shop/product/pizza-seasoning/#813327020299 Hope that helps! Thanks for commenting 🙂