Spinach And Tofu Ricotta Lasagna
The best vegan spinach and tofu ricotta lasagna recipe ever! Homemade tofu ricotta cheese takes this vegan lasagna recipe to the next level! Classic, cheesy, and decadent comfort food, perfect for the fall season! Try tis spinach lasagna recipe with garlic bread for best results.
Before You Begin
- 1 Block Firm Tofu
- 1 cup Soaked Cashews
- 3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- ½ tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- ½ tbsp Italian Seasoning
Spinach & Tofu Ricotta Lasagna
- 9-12 Lasagna Noodles (Oven Ready)
- 1 Jar Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 Can Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 ½ cups Chopped Spinach
- ½ cup Tofu Ricotta Cheese*
- ⅓ cup LeGrand Garden Pesto
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Pizzeria Blend Cheese
- 1 tbsp Parsley (for topping)
Tofu Ricotta Cheese
- Soak cashews overnight, or for at least 4 hours. To save time you can also boil them for 10 minutes.
- Chop tofu up into small cubes.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high powered blender. Blend until smooth, this can take up to 10 minutes. Stop to scrape down sides occasionally.
- Store in an airtight container. Set aside to use in the lasagna later.
Spinach & Tofu Ricotta Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix the tomato basil pasta sauce with condensed tomato soup in a large bowl.
- Coat the bottom of a small casserole dish (I used a 9x9 pan) with the sauce mixture.
- Make a layer of three noodles. Lasagna noodles were too long for my pan so I had to break the ends off. I used the broken off pieces to fill spaces around the edges of the pan.
- Top lasagna noodles with globs of tofu ricotta. Spread it out as much or as little as you'd like.
- Top the tofu ricotta with about 1 - 2 tbsp pesto.
- Top with a layer of chopped spinach. Then cover with more pasta sauce.
- Create another layer of three lasagna noodles and repeat toppings. Noodles, ricotta, pesto, spinach, sauce, noodles. I made 4 layers in my pan but you can try more or less.
- Top the last noodle layer with pasta sauce and cheese shreds mixed with chopped spinach. Sprinkle parsley flakes on top.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove tin foil and bake for another 20 minutes. Broil on 420 for the last 5 minutes to make the cheese nice and melty.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
- I used a small 9×9 Pyrex casserole dish to make this lasagna recipe. This pan is a bit too small for the noodles so you have to break them to fit. You can try making this recipe in a bigger pan, just increase the ingredients a bit.
- This size pan makes 4 large servings of lasagna. One serving is VERY filling on it’s own. If you plan on having something on the side I would suggest cutting the lasagna into 8 rather than 4 squares.
- I used Legrand Garden Pesto in this recipe. It added a really nice depth of flavour to the final product, and really accentuated the tomato basil sauce! Feel free to use your preferred pesto to this dish. If you don’t have pesto, be sure to add extra Italian seasoning between layers.
- The tofu ricotta really is the star of this recipe! It’s so flavourful and tastes exactly like classic lasagna! You can make this ricotta recipe ahead of time or right before you make the lasagna, it only takes a few minutes and can be stored in the fridge for a few days.
- You can see the original Tofu Ricotta Cheese recipe here.
- As for the sauce, I always mix my pasta sauce with condensed tomato soup for thickness and sweetness. This is totally optional but it’s my favorite way to eat lasagna! My mom used to make this mixture for me when I was a kid.
- I used Follow Your Heart Pizzeria Blend on top of the lasagna. I didn’t use any inside the lasagna since I’m not a huge fan of cheese, but you can add cheese shreds inside for an extra cheesy version.
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!