Teriyaki Stir Fry
This is our go-to stir fry recipe for when we’re in the mood for a hearty, colourful, and filling meal. This dish makes me WANT to eat vegetables, seriously, they have never been more appealing, how is that possible? You’ll have to make it to find out.
Before You Begin
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- ⅓ Onion
- ¼ Green Pepper
- ¼ Red Pepper
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 2 cups Shredded Red Cabbage
- 3 Peeled and sliced Carrots
- 3 cups Broccoli Florets
- ½ cup Corn Nibs
- ½ cup Edamame
- ¾ cup Bean Sprouts
- ½ cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds (for topping)
- Cook 1 cup of white rice according to package instructions. We use a rice cooker, 1 cup makes about 2 cups cooked.
- While this is cooking, put all veggies (except onions, peppers, and cabbage) into steamer for 10 minutes.
- Chop onion, and peppers into small cubes (½ inch).
- Peel carrots and slice into strips. We use a veggie slicer with a 1.5 inch blade.
- Cut red cabbage into long strips.
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, sauté for about 5 minutes, or until onion starts to brown.
- Add garlic & ginger, sauté for 3 minutes, or until garlic starts to brown.
- Add peppers & cabbage, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add steamed veggies, sauté for 5 minutes or until broccoli starts to brown.
- Add teriyaki sauce and stir to coat veggies evenly.
- Add bean sprouts, cook until tender (about 2 minutes).
- Serve over rice and top with sesame seeds (and green onion if desired).
- Depending on the size / thickness of your carrots, you might need to steam them for more than 10 minutes to get them nice and soft! If your carrots are extra thick, put them in the steamer on their own for an additional 5 minutes before adding rest of veg.
- If you prefer soft cabbage you can steam the red cabbage before adding it to the onion / pepper / garlic mixture.
- Good topped with crispy onion salad toppers (garlic & pepper flavoured).
- Tastes more like pad thai when topped with / mixed with peanut satay sauce.
- Add sriracha / chili paste with onion & garlic mix for a bit of heat.
- Add peanuts / cashews / almonds for a bit of crunch!
Have you tried our recipe?
Tag us on Instagram @ChickpeaExpress and use the hashtag #ChickpeaExpress to share your creations with our followers!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!