Vegan Air Fryer Cauliflower
Crispy, tender, and so flavorful, these vegan KFC air fried cauliflower bites are comfort food heaven. They’re packed with 13 warm, cozy, and savory spices for the tastiest cauliflower experience ever! Perfect in a vegan KFC bowl with gravy or served with pizza, pasta and more!
Before You Begin
- 1 Medium Head of Cauliflower (chopped)
- ¾ cup Almond Milk
- 2 Eggcitables Eggs (or any egg sub)
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¾ cup Flour
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Pinch of Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Marjoram
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Chop a head of cauliflower into small bite-sized chunks. Set aside.
- Get two medium-sized bowls out, one for the wet ingredients, one for the dry. In one bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- In the other bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Transfer the cauliflower bites a few at a time into the wet mixture, toss to coat.
- Once the cauliflower has been coated in the wet mixture, roll it around (a few pieces at a time) in the dry mixture until it is fully coated. Transfer to air fryer or pan if cooking in the oven.
- Arrange the cauliflower bites in a thin even layer in the air fryer, try not to cook too many at a time.
- Fry on medium heat for about 25-30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes. They should be crunchy and brown when done.*
- If you don’t have an air fryer, these cauliflower bites can just as easily be made in the oven. Just bake at 400 for about 25 minutes, or until they’re as crispy as you’d like them.
- I used Eggcitables! egg replacer in these air-fried cauliflower bites! It’s my favorite egg sub ever, but you can totally use any egg replacer you prefer!
- *I noticed my cauliflower bites were still a bit floury looking while air frying so I sprayed them with a bit of cooking spray! If you find the cauliflower looks white-ish or floury, try adding a bit of oil or cooking spray.
- These cauliflower bites belong in my Vegan KFC Bowl! The KFC bowl inspired me to make these cauliflower bites in the first place!
Have you tried our recipe?
Tag us on Instagram @ChickpeaExpress and use the hashtag #ChickpeaExpress to share your creations with our followers!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!
This looks delicious! Could you give a suggested temp to set the air fryer at if mine doesn’t have a “medium” option. Do you think setting it at 400 like the oven option suggests would be fine?
Can’t wait to make this for the family!
Hello Nycole, my air fryer’s highest setting is 400 so that should be a perfect temp! 🙂
Can you use flax for this recipe? If so, how much?
Hi Dena, You can totally sub flax in this recipe, just use the equivalent to two eggs: 2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water! 🙂