Vegan Chickpea Brownies
Vegan two-bite brownies made with chocolate dessert hummus! These vegan chickpea brownies are decadent, chewy, rich, and best of all, kind of healthy!
Before You Begin
- 1 Tub Dark Chocolate Hummus
- ½ cup Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar (or sub more white sugar)
- 1 Eggcitables Egg
- ¼ cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Chocolate Chunksfor topping
- Preheat oven to 360, and grease a mini muffin tin.
- Empty pot of hummus into a large mixing bowl. Mix in flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- In a small bowl prepare one Eggcitables egg (or your fav egg sub) by combining 1 tbsp of powdered mix, and 1 tbsp water.
- Add Eggcitables, almond milk, and vanilla extract to brownie batter. Mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chunks if desired. Pour about 1 tbsp of batter into each muffin in. Top with more chocolate chunks. Bake for about 18 minutes at 360°.
- These brownies have the texture of a muffin, they’re slightly bready, light, and airy! I made them a second time with extra almond milk, and slightly less flour (1/3 cup) and they turned out more chewy and dense, like an actual brownie!
- Play with the ratios of flour and almond milk to reach your desired consistency! More flour = thick batter, bready texture, rises more. Less flour, more almond milk = thinner batter, dense, chewy brownie texture.
- I used Fontaine Sante Dark Chocolate Dessert Hummus in this recipe. Feel free to sub your favorite dessert hummus! Any flavor would work! I find Fontaine Sante to be very rich and dark which is perfect for brownies.
- If you’re not a fan of dark or bitter chocolate, try adding an extra 1/4 cup of sugar to compensate, or extra chocolate chunks. I’ve considered adding peanut butter or caramel to the middle for extra sweetness!
- If you try any other sweet combos let me know in the comments below or on Instagram @chickpeaexpress!
- Eggcitables Egg replacer is my fav vegan egg to use in baking since it’s so easy! Sub your favorite egg replacer, like flax or chia!
- I used Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks because I find them to be the most decedent and melty chocolates ever! They are so sweet, it tastes kinda like milk chocolate!
Have you tried our recipe?
Tag us on Instagram @ChickpeaExpress and use the hashtag #ChickpeaExpress to share your creations with our followers!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!
How much is a “tub” I have the same hummus as you used but it comes in ~220g and ~480g. That’s a huge difference in amount of hummus! And am I able to use real eggs and milk for this recipe? Thank you!
Hello Jazmine, sorry for the confusion about the hummus! When I made this recipe originally, Costco didn’t yet sell the 480g tubs so I am referring to the 227g for this recipe! 🙂
Hello! I’m excited to make these! Could you make them in an 8″ x 8″ glass dish?Like standard brownies.
Hey Megan, I’m excited for you to try these! An 8×8 glass dish would certainly work! I believe you could make these in any size baking dish, but smaller dishes might need to be cooked longer since it will be thicker! 🙂