Vegan Pumpkin Muffins With Maple Cream Cheese
Chewy, soft pumpkin muffins, topped with a sweet maple cream cheese swirl. The perfect healthy and oil free muffin recipe for a delicious fall-inspired breakfast, snack, or dessert! These vegan pumpkin muffins are made with lots of pumpkin puree, spice, and applesauce for a healthy twist!
Before You Begin
Maple Cream Cheese
- ⅔ cup Tofutti Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 ¾ cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 ½ tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Applesauce
- 2 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Eggcitables Egg (or flax egg)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Maple Cream Cheese
- In a bowl, combine Tofutti cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Whip with a fork until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a small bowl prepare Eggcitables egg (or flax egg).
- In a separate bowl combine pumpkin puree, apple sauce, coconut sugar, vanilla, and Eggictable egg.
- Combine dry flour mixture and wet pumpkin mixture.
- Pour pumpkin batter into muffin tins, about 3/4 full. Leave enough space for cream cheese.
- Dollop cream cheese onto muffins, cover with more batter or swirl on top.
- Optional: Top muffins with turbinado sugar.
- I used Tofutti Cream Cheese for the maple cream cheese swirl in this recipe. I love Tofutti cream cheese because it’s so neutral! Use your favorite vegan cream cheese!
- The cream cheese topping is totally optional, but I highly recommend it since it’s a nice sweet contrast!
- I used Eggcitables egg replacer! It’s the best egg sub out there, it works so well for baking! Feel free to use your favorite egg sub.
- I had a bit of batter leftover so I made it into a few mini pumpkin donuts. I topped them with the leftover maple cream cheese!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!