Before You Begin
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 2 ¼ tsp Yeast (one packet)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 ½ cups White Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 2 tsp Oregano
- ¼ cup Fresh Start Fauxmage Cream Cheese
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Parsley Flakes
- ¼ cup Cornmeal (for crust, optional)
- In a large mixing bowl combine warm water, yeast, sugar, and oil. Let sit for about 10 minutes while the yeast activates.
- Mix in flour, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, oregano, and parsley flakes.
- Mix until a ball starts to form, knead for about 5 minutes.
- Grease the mixing bowl with a bit of oil, place the dough back in the bowl.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours, or until it has doubled in size.*
- Uncover the dough, punch it down, then knead it back into a ball.**
- Cut the dough in half to make two medium pizzas, or use the full ball for a large pizza. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with cornmeal. Spread the dough out into a thin circle with a rolling pin or your hands. Make sure the crust is thin around the edges to make it easy to fold over.
- Spread a ring of cream cheese around the edge of the pizza. Fold the crust over the cream cheese and gently press it into the base of the pizza.
- Top pizza crust with pizza sauce, cheese shreds, and other desired toppings. We used banana peppers and pineapple.
- Spread the butter over the stuffed crust. I prepare my pizza on the stovetop while the oven is preheating so it tends to melt pretty well. Sprinkle the garlic powder and parsley flakes over the crust.
- Bake at 425 for 25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melty. I broil mine for a few minutes near the end to melt the cheese more!
- Let pizza cool for a few minutes, then cut into 8 slices!
- *I usually let the dough rise in a warm oven. I preheat the oven on low, then turn it off and let a bit of heat escape so it doesn’t burn the bowl or start cooking the dough.
- I used my Bread Machine Pizza Dough recipe as the base of these pizza rolls! You can just as easily make pizza dough by hand, but I was feeling lazy!
- **This pizza dough recipe is enough to make 2 medium sized pizzas. You can use the full ball of dough to make a large pizza, but you will likely need more of the pizza toppings and stuffed crust filling to compensate!
- This recipe features one of our favorite vegan cheese products ever, Fresh Start Fauxmage cream cheese! We used the Creamy Pesto flavor and it was perfect, but I’m sure any flavor would be delicious!
- I like to use Follow Your Heart Pizzeria Blend on pizza because I find it melts well and has a really subtle flavor.
- I used my homemade Tomato Sauce as the pizza sauce in this recipe! I love homemade sauce because it’s super flavorful, and you can add whatever you like to it! Not to mention it’s much cheaper than buying store-bought. Feel free to use your favorite pizza sauce!
- Our favorite pizza toppings are banana peppers and pineapple, use whatever veggies you like!
- I sprinkle the Cornmeal on the parchment paper before rolling the dough out. The cornmeal gives the crust a crispy, restaurant-style texture. It’s optional, but I recommend it!
Want More Recipes?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know when we release our delicious creations to the world!